Exchange Programs Scholarship
Please note you will not be able to save/make changes to this application once you begin. Please read through the entire page before beginning.
Northeastern University’s Office of International Programs (OISP) offers various scholarships for undergraduate students to pursue academic studies abroad. In an effort to strengthen our partnerships with our exchange partners, we will offer three $3,500 scholarships for students applying to study at one of the institutions with which Northeastern has an exchange agreement.
Exchange partners are those institutions that we both send students to and receive students from. These relationships help internationalize both campuses and lead to collaboration beyond the classroom setting. Northeastern strongly values our exchange relationships and is invested in sending students to these institutions.
These scholarships are open to all students in good academic standing who meet eligibility requirements for study at one of our exchange partner institutions:
• Argentina: Universidad del Salvador
• Australia: Queensland University of Technology
• Australia: Swinburne University of Technology
• Australia: University of Queensland
• Australia: University of Sydney
• Canada: Simon Fraser University
• China: Beijing Institute of Technology
• China: Zhejiang University
• Denmark: Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
• Denmark: University of Copenhagen
• France: SciencesPo
• Germany: WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management
• Global Engineering Education Exchange (GE3)
• India: India Institute of Technology, Bombay
• Israel: Technion University of Technology
• Japan: Meiji University
• Mexico: Universidad de las Americas-Puebla
• Netherlands: Vrije Universiteit
• Singapore: Nanyang Technological University
• Singapore: Singapore Management University
• Spain: Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Barcelona
• Spain: Universitat Rovira i Virgili
• Turkey: Istanbul Technical University
• UK: City University London
• The applicant must meet the program's specific eligibility requirements.
• The applicant must successfully apply to one of the aforementioned universities by the application deadline.
• The applicant must study abroad for at least one semester.
OISP has three scholarships of $3,500 to award for spring 2014. The scholarship committee will choose award recipients through a competitive selection process. Award amounts are distributed directly to the recipient’s student account.
Additionally, two $3,000 AUD scholarships are available specifically for fall 2014 to study at the University of Sydney!
• Submit all application materials online by March 1.
• All applicants will receive notification via email by December 1 informing them if they have been chosen as an award recipient.
• Award recipients must write a blog for the OISP while abroad. This blog will be posted to the OISP website.
NU Student ID #
Eligibility Requirement #1
Do you meet the program's specific eligibility requirements and did you apply by the deadline?
If yes, click the box
Name of Study Abroad Program/Institution Abroad
Anticipated Term Abroad
Eligibility Requirement #3
Are you planning to study abroad for at least one semester?
Please upload your resume.
Please upload your Statement of Purpose Essay below.
The Statement of Purpose Essay is your chance to personalize your application. When composing the 500-750 word Statement of Purpose Essay, it is important to address the impact that your study abroad program will have on your academic, professional, and personal goals. You should also address the impact that receiving the scholarship would have on the achievement of these goals.
Address Questions A and B in your Statement of Purpose Essay
A. What impact will this study abroad program and receiving the Exchange Scholarship have on your academic goals? Will you be able to take coursework abroad towards your major/minor requirements? Will you be able to take electives or pursue language training not available to you at Northeastern? How will this study abroad program impact any future academic goals that you may have, such as obtaining a graduate degree?
B. What impact will your choice of country have on your experience abroad? What initially inspired you to want to study abroad in this particular country or learn this language? What factors led to your choice of country of study?
By submitting this application, I certify that the information on this application is correct. I acknowledge that award distribution is subject to certain eligibility requirements and is at the discretion of the OISP Scholarship Committee. I understand that students receiving this scholarship must comply with the stated expectations of the Office of International Study Programs prior to, during and after the abroad experience. I acknowledge and agree that Northeastern University may revoke my scholarship application at any time if:
-I am no longer a matriculating student at Northeastern University
-I no longer meet the eligibility requirements of the scholarship I am awarded
-I fail to pay the required Northeastern University tuition and program fees for the program abroad
-I have been found to have violated the Student Code of Conduct or any other law, or regulation and/or I have engaged in unprofessional and/or inappropriate behavior that would affect my ability to preserve the high standards of the University as a student studying abroad
Do Not Fill This Out